Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Proper Push-Up Technique? (Updated)

Yahoo featured an interesting article on push-ups today. The premise is that push-ups are beneficial for your mid-section as well as your upper body. While I'm sure there's a benefit to lifting your stomach off the ground, I'm not sure that it'll sculpt "killer" abs (as the article title suggests).

Anyway, the part that I found of particular interest is this video showing how to do a proper push-up. It seems fairly reasonable, so I think I'll give it a shot during my next workout. I normally conclude my workout with around 50 push-ups, and I'm curious to see if this makes any difference...stay tuned (update below).



Update (3/27/11): I've tried this push-up technique for three workouts now, and I'm sold. I haven't yet noticed a huge impact on muscle strength, but it is definitely less stressful on my shoulders and elbows. I'm a convert!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I feel they're wrong on that, but this about Luna Trim-face also affects things. You should develop a mental picture of that. We're really punctual. This is the foundation of the find
https://bit.ly/2ujJrYl